Cogent Healthcare is seeking to add a Applications Support Specialist to our growing team in Laguna Hills, CA.
The Applications Support Specialist is a versatile, high profile position responsible for supporting proprietary business applications as well as standard (off the shelf) client software, PC, Laptop & Thin Client hardware troubleshooting, client network connectivity troubleshooting and customer service. The position will provide nationwide remote assistance for medical practice offices and for all mobile staff, as well as direct support to all personnel located at the Laguna Hill, California office. The primary responsibilities of this position are to troubleshoot and provide end-user guidance on the functions and features of all software packages and applications available to them.
Software Application Support
- Ability to gain an in-depth understanding of Cogent Healthcare’s proprietary applications and provide end-user support.
- Work with the Development Team to triage, trouble-shoot and re-direct user reported issues with proprietary applications and reporting.
- Responsible for investigating and/or understanding changes/upgrades/patches to all Cogent supplied software and/or applications.
- Write, review, and publish detailed technical and user documentation and knowledge base articles.
- Maintains accurate software inventory with respect to software license compliance and license management.
- Works with end-users and Cogent IT staff to identify and document needs related to software support for PC’s.
- Responsible for installation and support of all standard & proprietary desktop applications software (i.e. Microsoft Office, Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, and various other pieces of public and private software packages) using our software deployment systems.
- Extensive end-user and administrative knowledge of latest Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Assists with establishing PC application standards, minimum/maximum acceptable software versions.
- Creation and termination of user accounts based on user setup/termination process.
Help Desk Support / Customer Service
- Actively participates in weekly IT Helpdesk meeting/call.
- Assists with working the IT Helpdesk ticket queue, administrative duties and answering Helpdesk calls.
- Answers each call courteously and promptly.
- Responsible for checking voicemail and ticket queue – hourly (during normal business hours) and returning customer calls left on voicemail, within a reasonable time.
- Provides phone technical support and troubleshooting for supported Cogent software.
- Work with end users to capture vital diagnosis information, aiding in problem determination, appropriate prioritization and escalation, and communication two Tier 2 and 3 technical support personnel.
- Accurately and in a timely manner – creates tickets and enters required information regarding user problems into the Helpdesk system.
- Attempts first-call-resolution on all tickets and records progress notes in “bullet format” within tickets.
- Appropriately escalates technical issues to other Information Services teams in a timely manner.
- Utilizes remote control tools in a respectful and confidential manner in compliance with Cogent policies and procedures, to expedite problem solving.
- Establishes and adheres to internal and external customer service level agreements
- Helps develop and implement Helpdesk industry best practices for customer interaction, response times, escalation procedures, resolution, customer feedback/ survey of helpdesk performance.
- Performs break-fix of software and occasionally hardware based workstation and laptop problems
- May occasionally assist with coordination of support between Microsoft technical resources and internal resources as well as other Cogent Healthcare contracted vendors.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate inventory records for PC’s, Laptops, Printers, Software Media, Monitors, and other various networking and computer related equipment.
- Provides frequent status updates and completion information to IT Helpdesk Manager, problem request tracking system, and/or users, via voicemail, e-mail, or in-person communication.
- Refers major hardware problems to service personnel for correction.
- Provides 1st level telephone support for all Cogent users.
Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or University with an emphasis in Computer Science, Information Systems preferred or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum three years’ experience in IT support or customer service; healthcare industry preferred
- Thorough knowledge of latest PC software packages including, but not limited to Microsoft Office, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft applications and other current software packages utilized in the work environment.
- Technical knowledge of information systems (IS) including in-depth understanding of IS terminology, networking and security fundamentals.
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft SQL preferred.
- Must be friendly and be empathetic with all customers.
- Must be a team player and willing to work with others through collaboration and reasoning.
- Must participate in an “on call” after-hours rotation/schedule as needed.
- Must be very detail oriented for purposes of ticket logging, problem resolution (root cause), and inventory tracking.
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) – PREFERRED
- HP Desktop and Laptop computers
- HP Thin Clients
- Windows 7, Windows 8.1 administration experience
- Microsoft Office Professional
- Working knowledge and understanding of Citrix environments (XenApp and XenDesktop)
- Experience with Dell KACE 1000 (preferred)
Maintains strict confidentiality with regard to protected health information and understands and adheres to Cogent’s HIPAA Privacy & Security policies and procedures.